Head of A&R
Redding, California, United States | Bethel Music | Full time
Job Description: The Head of A&R at Bethel Music is responsible for establishing, building, and developing a solid Artist and Repertoire team that will care for, represent, and manage relationships among Bethel Music artists, the Bethel Music label, and external label representation. He/She will represent the A&R Department on the Bethel Music team of executives and directors and will carry out all of the duties below:
Essential Job Duties:
- Act as the primary point of contact for specific artists with the label throughout the term of their contracts. Works with artists and label to develop short-term and long-term goals as well as strategies for music career, and oversee the execution accordingly.
- Work closely with the Music Production team to ensure all music projects are on schedule throughout the process of production, mixing and mastering. Collaborates with the Creative & Marketing team on all creative assets and marketing opportunities.
- Develop and execute budgets for proposed artist projects and works with teams to ensure project stays within the budget.
- Work closely with label departments including Music Production, Marketing, Digital, Publicity, Promotion and Commerce to ensure recorded material is commercially viable and successful.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry insiders (managers, agents, attorneys, promoters, radio programmers, retail trade and consumer press, tastemakers, etc.).
- Works with Creative Publishing to acquire songs for their recording projects and they are being resourced to write songs for their recording projects.
- Manage relationships with artist managers and liaison between them and the label.
- Develop strategic plans alongside label department teams for artist albums, tours, marketing strategies.
- Physical & Other Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the music industry
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the music industry and the other labels within the genres represented by Bethel Music
- Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- A demonstrated ability to plan effectively but also possess flexibility to handle the unexpected
- Travel may be required for relational purposes: based on proximity to artists and other label reps and artist tour/event schedules
- Sound musical knowledge in order to communicate effectively with producers and musicians
- Ability to think creatively and strategically on behalf of both the artists and label
- Attention to detail
- Project management
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.